- Focuses on the FEDERAL rules on BOTH the development/allocation and management/compliance sides.
- Comprised of 70 questions separated into 7 Testable Areas.
- Once you register for the exam, you have 14 days to start it.
- Once started, given 2.5 hours to complete.
- To pass, score 80% or higher or answer 56+ questions correctly.
- Results immediately available upon completion.
- If pass…
- Earned the Education Requirement of the National Compliance Professional (NCP) designation.
- Able to print exam-passing certificate.
- Must also meet Experience Requirement which is achieved with 6+ month experience in any aspect of the Housing Credit Program including development, finance, allocation, management and/or compliance.
- After meeting both requirements, submit a 1-page Membership Application and annual membership fee.
- Once application approved, will be sent NCP Membership Kit which includes NCP lapel pin and official designation certificate.
NOTE: May join NCP Membership Group PRIOR to meeting
both requirements by joining as an NCP-Candidate.
- Complete 1-page Membership Application indicating status of requirements is pending.
- NCP Membership Kit will not contain lapel pin & status will be listed as Candidate.
- Upgrade to a full-fledged NCP at no extra charge when both requirements achieved using NCP Designation Upgrade.
- If fail…
- May retake the Exam any time but must order offline.
- If retake within next 12 months, retake fee is $49.
- If retake after this timeframe, retake fee is $199.
NOTE: This is an Exam ONLY.
NO education included BUT the Housing Credit Training Center
contains the following items to help prepare for the exam.
- Housing Credits 445: National Compliance Professional
- National Compliance PRACTICE Exam
- Certification Exam Study Guide
Minimum recommendation is to take Housing Credits 445 but no classes are required.
Elizabeth Moreland Consulting, Inc. ♦ 6907 University Avenue Suite 196, Middleton, WI 53562 ♦ (800) 644-0390 ♦ www.taxcredit.com